Friday, November 9, 2018

PRACTICE TEST: ENGLISH

ENGLISH  PRACTICE TEST

1. Could you tell me your surname?
A. Would you like me to spell it?
B. Do you like my family name?
C. How do I say that?
D. You’re a nice guy!

2. This plant looks dead.
A. It's in the garden.
B. It only needs some water.
C. It's sleeping.
D. Let’s bury it.

3. I hope it doesn't rain.
A. Of course not.
B. Will it be wet?
C. So do I.
D. Let’s play in the rain.

4. Are you going to come inside soon?
A. For ever.
B. Not long.
C. In a minute.
D. Always.

5. Who gave you this book, Lucy?
A. I bought it.
B. For my birthday.
C. My uncle was.
D. It’s only fifty pesos.

6. Shall we go out for pizza tonight?
A. I know that.
B. It's very good.
C. I'm too tired.
D. Thank you for the compliments!

7. Do you mind if I come too?
A. That's fine!
B. I'd like to.
C. I don't know if I can.
D. I’m sure I will.

8. There's someone at the door.
A. Can I help you?
B. Well, go and answer it then.
C. He's busy at the moment.
D. I’m glad to see you.

9. How much butter do I need for this cake?
A. I'd like one.
B. I'll use some.
C. I'm not sure.
D. Forty pesos a kilo.

10. How long are you here for?
A. Since last week.
B. Ten days ago.
C. Till tomorrow.
D. To visit you.

11. Have you guys had enough to eat?
A. That's all right.
B. Is there any more rice?
C. It's not the right time.
D. Thank you.

12. That's my coat over there.
A. Will you take it off?
B. No, you haven't!
C. Here you are.
D. That’s fine.

13. Let's go by bus.
A.  The train was expensive.
B. We'll buy a ticket.
C. It'll take too long.
D. It is raining.

14. Do you know my brother Charlie?
A. Sorry, he's not here.
B. I don't think I do.
C. I know.
D. What’s his name?

15. Would you like some ice in your drink or not?
A. I hope so.
B. Yes, I shall.
C. I don't mind.
D. Yes, I don’t care.

16. I hope I haven't ...... you any trouble by changing the arrangements.
A. put
B. caused
C. made
D. done

17. The floor is wet: don't run or you might ...... !
A. stoop
B. spill
C. slip
D. spin

18. When you come to my house, ...... your camera with you.
A. take
B. show
C. fetch
D. bring

19. Paul arrived at the shop ....... as the manager was closing for the day.
A. even
B. just
C. still
D. right

20. I would ...... to stay at home and relax for a change.
A. rather
B. better
C. prefer
D. enjoy

21. Is there ...... of food for everyone?
A. adequate
B. enough
C. sufficient
D. plenty

22. Lily says she's happy at school but she's ...... complaining.
A. rarely
B. sometimes
C. always
D. often

23. ...... the step when you go in.
A. Consider
B. Mind
C. Attend
D. Look

24. ________ stay the night if it's too difficult to get home.
A. At all costs
B. By all means
C. In all
D. On the whole

25. No ...... Hannah is happy when you think how many prizes she has won recently.
A. surprise
B. problem
C. question
D. wonder

Answers:
Bold in blue.


Source: http://www.cambridgeenglish.org

No comments: